Rodale Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to pioneering organic farming through research and outreach. For more than sixty years, we’ve been researching the best practices of organic agriculture and sharing our findings with farmers and scientists throughout the world, advocating for policies that support farmers, and educating consumers about how going organic is the healthiest option for people and the planet.
Location: Rodale Institute, 611 Siegfriedale Road, Kutztown, PA 19530
Type of position: Non-Exempt, Unpaid Volunteer Position
Employment Type: Part-Time, 8-16 hours/week
Rodale Institute is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to organize, coordinate and manage the operations of the organization’s volunteer program. The organization utilizes volunteers for tours/educational programs, event assistance (day of and preparation), garden and public spaces maintenance, office assistance, and special projects.
This position is part-time, 1-2 days per week with flexibility on evenings and weekends a few of times a year (e.g., annual Organic Apple Festival and Plant Sales) and will remain open until filled.
Duties: This position is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the volunteer programs.
1. Organizes, coordinates and manages the recruitment of volunteers.
2. Works with social, civic and local organizations to develop partnerships and recruit volunteers.
3. Develops and implements training programs for all volunteers.
4. Maintains updated records on all volunteers.
5. Sets up and attends volunteer meetings. Reports to staff on volunteer activities as needed.
6. Recommends and develops ongoing volunteer utilization.
7. Develops and implements a volunteer recognition program.
Qualifications: Education: 2 years of post-secondary education required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
Experience: Two years of experience as a volunteer with a nonprofit or for-profit organization or comparable work experience. Preferred candidate will have excellent customer service skills, experience with volunteer coordination, able to work in a fast paced environment, support multidisciplinary departments and working knowledge of MS Excel.
Application Process: Please submit a resume (no phone calls) and cover letter detailing your interest in the position and the organization, as well as why you believe you make the ideal candidate for the position to: Diana Martin, at firstname.lastname@example.org