Responsibilities Could Include:
- Assist Development team with upcoming events, including Organic Pioneer Awards, J.I. Leadership Society Dinner, Annual Organic Field Day, plant sales, etc.
- Provide support for annual giving campaigns
- Assist with Alumni and Perennial Partners outreach
- Grant writing assistance, as needed
- Help maintain database of current and prospective donors
- Previous experience or coursework in Marketing, Communications, Sales or Non-Profit management
- Familiar with fundraising software tools preferred, but not necessary
- Interest in organic agriculture, food and farming
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Desire to help make the planet a better place
Location: Rodale Institute Experimental Farm, 611 Siegfriedale Road, Kutztown, PA 19530
Compensation: An ideal candidate will complete this internship for college credit, as well as some organic food from the farm.
Schedule: An ideal candidate for a summer internship could commit to at least 20 hours/week for a minimum of 8 weeks. An ideal candidate for a spring or fall internship could commit to at least 15 hours/week for at least 8 weeks.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and at least two work samples to Annie Brown at Annie.Brown@rodaleinstitute.org.
Deadlines: Suggested deadlines are listed below. If you miss a deadline, or you are interested in an internship that does not meet the minimum duration, please contact Annie Brown, Development Director at Annie.Brown@rodaleinstitute.org, as exceptions can sometimes be made based on the needs of Rodale Institute.
- Spring Internship: December 1
- Summer Internship: February 1
- Fall Internship: August 1
About Rodale Institute: Rodale Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to pioneering organic farming through research and outreach. For seventy years, the Institute has been researching the best practices of organic agriculture and sharing findings with farmers and scientists throughout the world, advocating for policies that support farmers, and educating consumers about how going organic is the healthiest option for people and the planet.Explore More Job Openings