• Bees are the only insects that produce food eaten by humans.
• Honey is the only food that includes all the substances necessary to sustain life, including enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and water.
• The average American eats about one pound of honey a year.
• To make one pound of honey, worker bees have to fly 55,000 miles and tap two million flowers.
• The honeybee’s wings make about 200 beats per second, creating their infamous buzzing.
• More than 70 of the 100 crops that provide 90% of the world’s food are pollinated by bees.
• U.S. honeybees’ economic contribution is valued at nearly $15 billion.
• Blueberries and cherries are 90-percent dependent on honeybee pollination.
• Almonds depend entirely on the honeybee for pollination.