- This event has passed.
November 16 @ 7:30 am – 10:00 am EST
Join Rodale Institute’s Regenerative & Organic Consulting Manager Nathanael Gonzales-Siemens and University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources for a Cover Crops in Orchards Fall Field Day!
Date: November 16, 2023
Time: 7:30 AM – 10:00 AM
Location: 14833 Annin Ave., Wasco, CA
- 7:30 AM Breakfast and Seeding Equipment Display
- 8:00 AM Introduction to Orchard – Current Research and Future Goals, Nathanael Siemens, Rodale Institute
- 8:30 AM NOW Orchard Sanitation, David Haviland, UC Cooperative Extension
- 9:00 AM Cover Crops in Orchard Systems, Mohammad Yaghmour, UC Cooperative Extension
- 9:30 AM Grazing as a Cover Crop Management Tool – A Sheep Producer’s Perspective , Phil Esnoz, Sheep Producer
- 9:45 AM Match.Graze – A Tool to Connect Forage and Grazers, Julie Finzel, UC Cooperative Extension
- 10:00 AM Wrap-up and Questions