Rodale Institute is seeking a highly motivated Communications intern to gain hands-on experience in a wide variety of communications outlets such as social media, email marketing, website, photography/video, graphic design, publications, events, media relations and more. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter who enjoys working on a wide variety of tasks.
Responsibilities Could Include:
- Crafting social media posts
- Capturing photography or video
- Editing/ Proofreading
- Writing blog posts
- Promoting and organizing events
- Writing press releases
- Creating graphics or fliers
- Limited Data Entry
- Previous experience and coursework in communications, such as journalism
- Interest in agriculture, food and farming, with a commitment to an organic planet
- Strong writing skills, including attention to grammar
- An understanding of voice, brand, and storytelling
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro or iMovie, WordPress, Constant Contact, SurveyMonkey, and/or social media sites a plus
Location: Rodale Institute Experimental Farm, 611 Siegfriedale Road, Kutztown, PA 19530
Compensation: An ideal candidate will complete this internship for college credit. Additionally, there is an opportunity for a student to receive housing at Rodale Institute, as well as some organic food from the farm. Students not receiving college credit may be eligible for a $200/week stipend.
Schedule: An ideal candidate for a summer internship could commit to at least 30 hours/week for a minimum of 12 weeks. An ideal candidate for a spring or fall internship could commit to at least 15 hours/week for at least 12 weeks.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and at least two writing samples (as well as any links to a blog or social media sites you would like to share) to Diana Martin, Director of Communications, at Diana.Martin@RodaleInstitute.org.
Deadlines: Suggested deadlines are listed below. If you miss a deadline, or you are interested in a internship that does not meet the minimum duration, please contact Diana Martin, Director of Communications at Diana.Martin@RodaleInstitute.org, as exceptions can sometimes be made based on the needs of Rodale Institute.
- Spring Internship: November 15
- Summer Internship: February 1
- Fall Internship: September 1
About Rodale Institute: Rodale Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to pioneering organic farming through research and outreach. For seventy years, the Institute has been researching the best practices of organic agriculture and sharing findings with farmers and scientists throughout the world, advocating for policies that support farmers, and educating consumers about how going organic is the healthiest option for people and the planet.Explore More Job Openings