Thank you to all who attended the 9th annual Organic Apple Festival
Fall is the season for apple picking! Rodale Institute is proud to offer the option for families to pick their own apples in our organic orchard. Along with apple picking, we encourage visitors to shop from organic vendors, enjoy organic food and beverages, listen to live music, and partake in wagon tours and more family-friendly activities! Our annual Organic Apple Festival is a fundraiser for Rodale Institute in Kutztown, PA. All proceeds from the event will go directly to benefit the Rodale Institute's research and educational outreach.
We ask that you keep these friendly reminders present:
• Admission to the Organic Apple Festival is free! Parking is a suggested $10 per vehicle donation — View directions to Rodale Institute.
• This is a non-smoking event.
• There are no ATM's on premises. Garden Store, apple check-out, and some vendors accept credit cards. Garden Store offers cash back.
An Apple a Day 5k Cross Country/Walk: Take a cross-country morning run through our 333-acre agricultural research and production farm that takes place before the festival!
Apple Picking: At the farm, we have a variety of different apples available for picking! We recommend that when picking apples off the tree, work from the bottom up, and always pull up on the able that you are picking. If the apple breaks easily, it’s ripe!
After picking some organic apples from the orchard, stop over to have some family fun at our activity stations!
• Wagon Tour: Come tour our 333-acre farm while riding on our covered wagon pulled by tractor!
• Rotten Apple Rocket: Kids and adults alike enjoy catapulting rotten apples at wooden targets.
• Kid zone
Enjoy a day full of music as both Acoustic Project and Josh Taylor Band join us to perform a variety of tunes!
Organic Apple Festival Speaker Series: Here from organizations and authors regarding organic and sustainable agriculture.
Aside from our organic picked apples, we will have a variety of food and beverages available for purchase ranging from our homemade organic apple cider to other tasty apple treats from our vendors! If you are looking for some unique ways to use your apples after harvesting them, check out The Apple Cookbook, available at our Garden Store, which is also open during the festival.