SUMMARY: The WTC Seasonal Farm Laborer position assists WTC Farm Manager on numerous activities such as overseeing the care and feeding of livestock, assisting with lawn maintenance, landscaping, and maintaining ornamental plants. This position reports to the WTC Farm Manager.
This is a seasonal position that will run from March through November. This is a part-time position at 20 hours/week for 20 weeks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Field responsibilities include but are not limited to; harvesting, cultivating, weed management, planting, etc.
• Caring for all ornamental plants and vegetables.
• Lawn maintenance includes mowing, trimming, maintain flower beds, weeding, and snow removal.
• Monitor for insect and disease issues in ornamental gardens, planters, and vegetable garden.
• Water all vegetable gardens using irrigation and sprinklers when appropriate.
• Removing limbs and dead trees when necessary.
• Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
• Assist with feeding, watering and caring for all livestock on WTC property.
• Assist with cleaning and maintaining barn and other facilities on the WTC property.
• Assist SST staff in carrying out their responsibilities.
• Maintain records for PCO inspection/certification.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• At least three years of experience in related field.
• Must be able and willing to work in all types of weather.
• Be able to life in excess of 50 pounds.
• Good communication skills.
• Be flexible in hours as farm work can be unpredictable.
• Be active member of the team, yet work independently as needed.
• Experience in operating farm equipment.
Minimal travel is required.
OTHER RODALE INSTITUTE EXPECTATIONS:
To be trustful and respectful to all staff and visitors.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Elaine.Macbeth@RodaleInstitute.org.