Job Title: Weekend Wedding Coordinator
Reports To: Wedding & Events Specialist
Start Date: May 2018
Do weddings make you warm and fuzzy inside? Are you comfortable managing crowds of up to 180 guests? Can you provide responsible service with a smile? Then this job may be for you! Rodale Institute is seeking a part-time, seasonal Weekend Wedding Coordinator to help execute weddings on our picturesque 333-acre certified organic farm. This individual must be highly reliable, customer-service oriented, and gracious under pressure (after all… you're helping someone's big day come true!). This position requires weekend and evening hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Rodale Institute typically hosts one wedding per weekend May through mid-October. While Rodale Institute staff will coordinate the booking of weddings (such as wedding tours, signing contracts, receiving payment, and confirming wedding details), the Weekend Wedding Coordinator will be the on-site staff person the day of the weddings. Rodale Institute wedding ceremonies are on Saturdays.
The Coordinator should plan to be available 9 AM- midnight on the following Saturdays (confirmed 2018 wedding dates):
• May 19, 21, 26
• June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
• August 4
• Sept 22, 29
• Oct 6, 13, 27
Additional 2018 weddings may be booked. There may be additional weekend hours available, such as Friday to oversee set-up (until 6 PM) or Sunday for clean-up (aprox. 10 AM- 1 PM).
Wedding responsibilities include:
• Meeting wedding parties, unlocking buildings (such as bridal suite)
• Assisting with needed items, such as extension cords
• Providing golf cart transportation to elderly or disabled guests
• With the help of an on-site security guard, enforcing Rodale Institute rules (such as only smoking in a designated area)
• Making sure weddings end promptly at agreed time
• Ensuring Rodale Institute property is clean, respected and buildings locked
• Experience managing large groups or events preferred
• Ability to problem-solve and work well under pressure
• Very good organizational skills and analytical abilities; highly detail-oriented
• Excellent customer service
Position Type: Seasonal, part-time. Aprox. 15 hours/week on wedding weekends.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Elaine Macbeth at Elaine.Macbeth@RodaleInstitute.org.