Rodale Institute is seeking a part-time, seasonal Weekend Wedding Coordinator to help execute weddings on our picturesque 333-acre certified organic farm. This individual must be highly reliable, customer-service oriented, and gracious under pressure.
This position requires weekend and evening hours.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
Rodale Institute typically hosts one wedding per weekend May through mid-October. While Rodale Institute staff will coordinate the booking of weddings (such as wedding tours, signing contracts, receiving payment, and confirming wedding details), the Weekend Wedding Coordinator will be the on-site staff person for the weddings. Rodale Institute wedding ceremonies are on Saturdays.
The Coordinator should plan to be available 12 PM- midnight. There may be additional weekend hours available, such as on Fridays to oversee set-up (until 6 PM) or Sunday for clean-up (approx. 10 AM- 1 PM).
Wedding responsibilities include:
- Meeting wedding parties, unlocking buildings (such as bridal suite).
- Assisting with needed items, such as extension cords.
- Providing golf cart transportation to elderly guests or individuals with disabilities.
- Enforcing Rodale Institute rules (such as only smoking in a designated area).
- Making sure weddings end promptly at agreed time.
- Ensuring that Rodale Institute property is clean and respected and buildings are locked.
- Experience managing large groups or events preferred.
- Ability to problem-solve and work well under pressure.
- Very good organizational skills and analytical abilities; highly detail-oriented.
- Excellent customer service.
Position Type: Seasonal, part-time. Aprox. 15 hours/week on wedding weekends.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Elaine Macbeth at elaine.macbeth@RodaleInstitute.org.