Responsibilities include performing intermediate skilled administrative support for the Accounting, Human Resources, and Organic Crop Consultancy Departments. The Senior Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer/Human Resources Director.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
Organic Crop Consultancy Department
- Managing the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox.
- Responding via email to clients.
- Allocating inquiries to specific consultants.
- Generating and sending invoices for consultations and coordinating with Accounting team.
- Keeping data in Consulting CRM system current and complete.
- Work with Travel Coordinator with scheduling travel and meetings for all on-site/remote consultants.
- Managing internal inquiries from the Communications team.
- Other duties as needed.
Accounting/Human Resources Department
- Provide general Human Resources and Accounting support services on various functions.
- Assist with benefits administration.
- Assists with the organization, implementation and tracking of the 30, 60, 90-day review process.
- Assist with the facilitating of employee training.
- Complete appropriate administrative documents in the change of an employee.
- Prepare banking deposits.
- Maintain financial databases and spreadsheets for different functions.
- Assist with filing and answering phones.
- Assist with conducting exit interviews.
- Other duties as needed.
- Education: Degree in Business Administration or related field (preferred).
- Experience: At least 5 years of experience in related field.
- Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism and strict confidentiality.
- Teamwork skills with the ability to be flexible and work collaboratively on projects.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Dedicated team player, highly organized, ability to take the initiative and be independent.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Elaine Macbeth, CFO/HR Director, at email@example.com.
About Rodale Institute: Rodale Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to pioneering organic farming through research and outreach. For seventy years, the Institute has been researching the best practices of organic agriculture and sharing findings with farmers and scientists throughout the world, advocating for policies that support farmers, and educating consumers about how going organic is the healthiest option for people and the planet.