Campus: St. Luke’s – Rodale Institute Organic Farm, Easton, PA
Duration: March 2022 – November 2022
Compensation: eligible to apply for onsite housing, living wage, organic produce when available
The seasonal farm internship will support a diversified vegetable production operation. The farm is a partnership between the Rodale Institute and the St. Luke’s Anderson Campus to create an innovative farm to hospital model. We serve a CSA & wholesale orders to the St. Luke’s hospital network. Applicants are encouraged to have prior agricultural and/or holistic health experience but is not required. This position is best for individuals who are prepared to work in a professional farming environment. The seasonal intern will report directly to the Farm Manager.
- Greenhouse duties: seeding, watering
- Field work: weeding, plasticulture, row cover, transplanting, harvesting
- Irrigation maintenance
- Organic Pest management
- Packhouse duties: washing, sorting, packing
- Maintain equipment, tools and spaces to be functional
- Follow food safety protocols
- Keep records of all farm activities to be submitted daily
- Willing to work in all weather conditions
- Optional intern project
- Able to operate equipment safely, training will be provided
- Preferred that applicants are interested in pursuing a career that is supported by organic agricultural experience
- Able to work independently, in a team, and lead farm tasks
- Able to adapt to repetitive tasks & the demanding changes of the farm
- Able to lift 50 lbs., and be on feet for 8 hours a day
Schedule: 45 hours/week, Monday thru Friday + a rotating weekend & holiday watering schedule
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Rebecca Kahle, Human Resources Director, at Resumes@RodaleInstitute.org.
About Rodale Institute: Rodale Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to pioneering organic farming through research and outreach. For seventy years, the Institute has been researching the best practices of organic agriculture and sharing findings with farmers and scientists throughout the world, advocating for policies that support farmers, and educating consumers about how going organic is the healthiest option for people and the planet.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity or handicap.Explore More Internships