The Organic & ROC Market Coordinator will assist all farmers across Pennsylvania and the United States in connecting with organic and regenerative organic market opportunities, and work in reverse to establish supply chains and connect buyers with producers. The Market Coordinator will report to the Consulting Director & Consulting Program Manager and work indirectly with the Communications and Marketing Department. The Coordinator will also aid in the development of educational programming with the Education Department. This position will work remotely in Pennsylvania, with potential to report 1-2 days per week to the Rodale Institute Main Campus in Kutztown, Pennsylvania. This position will require extensive travel.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Travel within the Pennsylvania region and other relevant areas to consult with farmers about organic and regenerative organic market opportunities
- Build strong, productive relationships with industry personel to connect farmers to markets
- Retain a proprietary list of producers and leads that can foster a stronger supply chain
- Provide advice to producers on:
- Crop rotations
- Soil fertility management
- Field equipment
- Cover crops
- Crop storage and processing
- Develop marketing strategies to connect organic consultants with farmers through print, social media, and video outlets
- Work with the Communications Department to help tell and transmit “farmer stories”
- Write articles, journals, press releases, etc.
- Stay up-to-date on information concerning certification to ensure standards and policies of the producers comply with the USDA National Organic Program (NOP)
- Translate Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and other relevant add-on certifications/regulations to farmers and producers
- Knowledge of market trends and supply chain conditions
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Experience working in sales of organic and natural products
- Strong supply chain background
- Knowledge of organic industry
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Agribusiness, Marketing or related degree
- Desire to become IOIA-trained in Processing & Handling
- Extensive traveling across Pennsylvania to visit farmers
- Frequent out-of-state travel to meetings and conferences
- Trustful and respectful to all staff and visitors
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Elaine Macbeth, Director of Finance/HR, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Rodale Institute: Rodale Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to pioneering organic farming through research and outreach. For seventy years, the Institute has been researching the best practices of organic agriculture and sharing findings with farmers and scientists throughout the world, advocating for policies that support farmers, and educating consumers about how going organic is the healthiest option for people and the planet.