Organic Farmers Association is seeking a highly motivated intern to gain hands-on experience in a wide variety of policy outreach, membership development, and communications outlets such as social media, email marketing, website, photography/video, graphic design, publications, events, media relations, member development, sponsorship and more. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter who enjoys working on a wide variety of tasks.
Responsibilities Could Include:
- Crafting social media posts
- Capturing photography or video
- Editing/ Proofreading
- Writing blog posts
- Researching policy positions
- Interviewing farmers for stories
- Promoting and organizing events
- Writing press releases
- Contributing to monthly E-News
- Creating, promoting, and analyzing online surveys
- Creating graphics or fliers
- Limited Data Entry
- Previous experience and coursework in communications, such as journalism
- Interest in agriculture, food and farming, with a commitment to an organic planet
- Strong writing skills, including attention to grammar
- An understanding of voice, brand, and storytelling
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro or iMovie, WordPress, Constant Contact, SurveyMonkey, and/or social media sites a plus
Compensation: An ideal candidate will complete this internship for college credit. Additionally, there is an opportunity for a student to receive housing at Rodale Institute, as well as some organic food from the farm.
Schedule: An ideal candidate for a summer internship could commit to at least 30 hours/week for a minimum of 12 weeks. An ideal candidate for a spring or fall internship could commit to at least 15 hours/week for at least 12 weeks.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and at least two writing samples (as well as any links to a blog or social media sites you would like to share) to Ali Lynn, Membership & Outreach Coordinator, at Ali@OrganicFarmersAssociation.org.
Deadlines: Suggested deadlines are listed below. If you miss a deadline, or you are interested in a internship that does not meet the minimum duration, please contact Ali Lynn, Membership & Outreach Coordinator, at Ali@OrganicFarmersAssociation.org, as exceptions can sometimes be made based on the needs of Organic Farmers Association.
- Spring Internship: November 15
- Summer Internship: February 1
- Fall Internship: September 1
About Organic Farmers Association: Founded in 2016, Organic Farmers Association is a national, grassroots, membership organization that provides a strong and unified national voice for domestic certified organic producers. Organic Farmers Associations works to build and support a farmer-led national organic farmer movement and national policy platform by: developing and advocating policies that benefit organic farmers; strengthening and supporting the capacity of organic farmers and farm organizations; and supporting collaboration and leadership among state, regional and national organic farmer organizations. Only certified organic farmers drive our policy positions. Our membership and network of certified organic farmers is diverse and spans all 50 states and U.S. territories.
About Rodale Institute: Rodale Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to pioneering organic farming through research and outreach. For seventy years, the Institute has been researching the best practices of organic agriculture and sharing findings with farmers and scientists throughout the world, advocating for policies that support farmers, and educating consumers about how going organic is the healthiest option for people and the planet.Explore More Job Openings