ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage day to day activities of Hemp research and field operations at the Pocono Organic Farm.
- Ability to participate in research; testing, gathering, compiling, and reporting data to Industrial Hemp
- Project Leader in a timely manner to meet permit reporting deadlines.
- Assist Project Leader in developing the budget, planting plan, harvest schedule, and fertility and pest management for Hemp research trials.
- Operate farm equipment in industrial hemp research fields as needed at the Rodale Institute and Pocono Organics Farm.
- Work with the research team to bring a “farmer” component to Hemp research, and work with farmers and conduct outreach and education for farmers interested in growing Hemp
- Work with external contractors for equipment and facility services, including contract farm work in fields that are part of a long-term organic crop rotation.
- Oversee laborers assisting with harvest and other field operations.
- Assist in preparing and giving oral presentations to scientific communities, governmental decision-makers, private environmental groups, farmers and any other individuals or groups as necessary both on and off site.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Basic computer skills necessary.
- Ability to work in all types of weather.
- Capable of lifting in excess of 50 pounds.
- Possess good communications skills – both written and verbal.
- Flexible in work hours as farm work can be unpredictable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied and/or Agronomic Sciences
- Working knowledge of Industrial hemp and CBD farming and production.
- Experience in operating farm equipment.
- 5 or more years’ experience in farming and management.
- Some experience working with farming of Industrial Hemp or other Cannabiscrops.
- To be trustful and respectful to all staff and visitors.
Travel: Some travel required for outreach activities. Travel to and from Kutztown farm and Poconos farm.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Director of Finance/Human Resource, Elaine Macbeth, at email@example.com.
About Rodale Institute: Rodale Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to pioneering organic farming through research and outreach. For over seventy years, the Institute has been researching the best practices of organic agriculture and sharing findings with farmers and scientists throughout the world, advocating for policies that support farmers, and educating consumers about how going organic is the healthiest option for people and the planet.Explore More Job Openings