The Development Associate provides administrative support and proactive donor acquisition for Rodale Institute’s Development team. The Development Associate reports directly to the Chief Growth Officer. Tasks include organizing and coordinating high-level donor visits, processing of gifts and donations, filing and management of administrative systems, and assisting with fundraising appeals and events, including direct mail solicitations, letters to donors, grant proposals, and generation of lists and reports from the database. In addition, the Development Associate will manage and grow a roster of local and regional funders, and be responsible for growing donor revenue from private, corporate, and foundation funding sources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct donor outreach via phone calls, in-person solicitations, and other correspondences.
- Design and execute high-level donor meetings and on-farm events.
- Perform daily data entry, track gift information, and gift processing.
- Assist with the development and management of additional fundraising events, communications and marketing, and development activities, as assigned by supervisor.
- Perform administrative tasks related to development operations and fundraising, including mail processing, filing, coordinating meetings and appointments.
- Perform administrative tasks related to mailings, including list exports, mail merges and coordinating with the communications team, mail houses and postal services.
- Prepare and process in-house bulk mailings.
- Prepare and mail acknowledgment letters and receipts.
- Manage aspects of annual direct mail campaign in coordination with development and communications team.
- Manage online recurring gift transactions.
- Maintain and update donor contact, action and proposal records.
- Manage gift acknowledgement process and other special donor correspondence.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of constituent and gift data.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or other related field is preferred.
- Must be highly detail-oriented.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently as needed.
- Possess knowledge of fundraising principles and practices and maintain a professional, polished demeanor.
- Have a passion for organic and/or environmental issues.
- A working knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge fundraising software is preferred but not essential.
Location: Rodale Institute, 611 Siegfriedale Road, Kutztown, PA 19530
To apply: Send cover letter and resume to Elaine Macbeth at Elaine.Macbeth@RodaleInstitute.org.
About Rodale Institute: Rodale Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to pioneering organic farming through research and outreach. For over seventy years, the Institute has been researching the best practices of organic agriculture and sharing findings with farmers and scientists throughout the world, advocating for policies that support farmers, and educating consumers about how going organic is the healthiest option for people and the planet.Explore More Job Openings