Rodale Institute is seeking a custodian/janitor to provide custodial/janitorial support to the Facilities team as well as all departments throughout the Institute. The custodian/janitor reports directly to the Farm Manager/Facilities Director. This position is full time, second shift (3:00-11:30 PM).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Empty trash, recycling and compost daily.
- Dust furniture/window sills/desk tops/baseboards/doors/doorframes and all other visible surface areas in all offices and buildings including store and theatre. Guest/Intern houses as directed.
- Vacuum wall to wall carpets, area carpets and floor surfaces weekly in all buildings, including staircases.
- Clean glass doors in Main Office, Sunroom, kitchen, and theatre.
- Steam-mop tile/wood floors weekly (or more often if needed).
- Clean bathrooms (which includes toilets and sinks) in all buildings on a daily basis.
- Sweep off Main office porch daily. Sweep under barn door areas daily (or as needed).
- Wipe off tables, countertops, and sink in lunchroom.
- Monthly refrigerator clean out.
- Keep all building bathroom facilities stocked with paper towels, toilet paper and hand soap.
- Report any maintenance issues to Farm Manager/Facilities Director.
- Lock and unlock buildings: be sure to secure building when not in use or after hours by checking for unlocked doors and windows, and turn off lights.
- Follow the Rodale Institute guidelines with use of cleaning supplies.
- Monitor janitorial supplies to maintain stock.
- Attend staff meetings when necessary.
- Safely operate all vehicles.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow directions
- Reading, writing, speaking, and organizing
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for longer periods of time
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent.
OTHER RODALE INSTITUE EXPECTATIONS:
To be trustful and respectful to all staff and visitors.
Please send cover letter and resume to Elaine Macbeth at Elaine.Macbeth@RodaleInstitute.org.
Explore More Job Openings