Are you a creative storyteller who is passionate about digital communications and organic food and farming? Are you excited about Instagram stories, blogging, hashtags, analytics, photo and video content, and working with a team to expand our reach and spread a message of hope and healing? Rodale Institute is seeking a motivated digital communications specialist to lead our social media, website, and email marketing strategy and execution to a regional, national and international audience. The ideal candidate will be a clear & compelling communicator with experience across many digital platforms. We are seeking a candidate with proven track record of engaging and converting audiences via digital and social channels. Experience in brand marketing and brand development is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Social Media: Lead social media strategy, meet growth and engagement targets, and create daily content for social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn. Responsible for maintaining brand voice and interaction. Experience with analytics and social media advertising preferred. Experience with scheduling applications like HootSuite preferred.
- Website: Lead website strategy, increasing traffic and conversion, and develop and maintain website content. Build blog posts, monitor and report on Google Analytics, and lead supporting elements such as domains, hosting, and plugins. Experience with basic HTML and Search Engine Marketing preferred.
- Email Marketing: Lead email marketing strategy, including developing content for targeted audiences, building weekly email campaigns, managing contacts, and meeting growth and engagement goals. Experience with Mailchimp preferred.
- Interest or ability in photography or video a plus (after all, we need lots of great visuals for our digital platforms!) Experience conducting Facebook Lives, webinars, and other digital outreach preferred.
- Interest or ability in graphic design a plus. Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications like Photoshop or InDesign preferred.
- Events: As a small nonprofit staff, we all lend a hand with other outward-facing initiatives like events. Ability to help with events, and event marketing, preferred.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or another related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce accurate work under tight deadlines.
- Very good organizational skills and analytical abilities; highly detail oriented.
- Love of all things digital.
- Knowledge of and interest in science, environmental issues, and organic food and farming preferred.
Position Type: Full Time, 40 hours/week.
To apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, and three diverse samples of your work (can include links to social media handles, blogs, or writing samples) to Elaine Macbeth at Elaine.Macbeth@RodaleInstitute.org.
About Rodale Institute: Rodale Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to pioneering organic farming through research and outreach. For over seventy years, the Institute has been researching the best practices of organic agriculture and sharing findings with farmers and scientists throughout the world, advocating for policies that support farmers, and educating consumers about how going organic is the healthiest option for people and the planet.Explore More Job Openings