Rodale Institute is seeking an experienced brand manager to grow our brand awareness, audience reach and engagement, and revenue. An ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with experience developing marketing campaigns and partnerships, and measuring results. The brand manager will work with corporate partners and influencers to grow our consumer audience and develop Rodale Institute into a household name. The ultimate goal is to empower a new audience of consumers to become Rodale Institute ambassadors and invest in our mission. Tactics will include working with a team on digital marketing, partnership-building, storytelling, earned media, advertising and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with our Rodale Institute Approved brand partners and retailers (learn more at RodaleInstitute.org/RIApproved) to tell our story to their audience, to market products, and to increase revenue and engagement
- Develop a Rodale Institute Ambassador Program (influencer marketing) with key ambassadors in the health/wellness/environmental space to target identified audiences and expand markets
- Leverage relationships with corporate sponsors to increase Rodale Institute brand awareness and funnel new supporters to the Institute
- Develop multi-platform marketing and fundraising campaigns
- Serve as key communications liaison between Rodale Institute satellite campuses and grow our audience in these new key markets
- Develop pipelines to grow first-time and small donors to the Institute
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or another related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in marketing or brand development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Expertise in target market: health-focused, organic consumers. Especially millennials, young families, and women.
- Knowledge of latest trends and strategies in marketing.
- Passion for food systems, farming, research and/or organic agriculture.
Location: Rodale Institute Headquarters, 611 Siegfriedale Road, Kutztown, PA 19530
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Director of Communications
To apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Elaine MacBeth at elaine.macbeth@RodaleInstitute.org. Please include portfolio or one sample marketing campaign you personally developed. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
About Rodale Institute: Rodale Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to pioneering organic farming through research and outreach. For over seventy years, the Institute has been researching the best practices of organic agriculture and sharing findings with farmers and scientists throughout the world, advocating for policies that support farmers, and educating consumers about how going organic is the healthiest option for people and the planet.Explore More Job Openings