To provide the Accounting and Human Resources team support. The Accounting/Human Resources Intern reports directly to the Finance/Human Resources Director. This is an excellent opportunity for students who are later in their accounting curriculum interested in working in a team environment and wanting to gain exposure to accounting and human resources work. This internship is unpaid and will be offered to college students eligible to receive college credits for the internship. The ideal candidate would commit to at least 15 hours per week for at least 8 weeks during the spring or fall semesters.
- Assist accounting and human resources team with various duties including accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial analytics, filing, data entry, recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Perform various administrative tasks to support human resources such as updating employee records, screening resumes, and coordinating with supervisors to update job descriptions.
- Post job openings as needed to appropriate websites.
- Assist Grants Manager with proposals and grant invoices.
- Responsible for retrieving necessary supporting documentation for financial records.
- On a monthly basis prepare invoices, record timesheets into excel, reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Assist accounting team with audit preparation.
- Complete annual state registrations.
- Work with the Microsoft Dynamics accounting software program.
- Communicate effectively with all departments.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Student enrolled with a college or university.
- Strong academic credentials in accounting/finance/human resources.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to take initiative on various projects.
- Professional attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft software.
- Currently enrolled in a college undergraduate program related to finance.
- Trustful and respectful to all staff and visitors.
Location: Rodale Institute, 611 Siegfriedale Road, Kutztown, PA 19530
Compensation: An ideal candidate will complete this internship for college credit.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume to Elaine Macbeth at Elaine.Macbeth@rodaleinstitute.org.
About Rodale Institute: Rodale Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to pioneering organic farming through research and outreach. For seventy years, the Institute has been researching the best practices of organic agriculture and sharing findings with farmers and scientists throughout the world, advocating for policies that support farmers, and educating consumers about how going organic is the healthiest option for people and the planet.Explore More Job Openings