Job Description: Rodale Institute is seeking enthusiastic and driven individuals with a positive spirit to apply for the part-time office position at the St. Luke’s Rodale Institute Organic Farm. The farm is a partnership between the Rodale Institute and St. Luke’s Hospital to create an innovative farm-to-hospital model. The individual would work with the St. Luke’s farmers to complete office tasks related to the farm’s wholesale operation.
Location: St. Luke’s Hospital Anderson Campus located in Easton, PA.
Responsibilities Could Include:
• Help Maintain Farm Records (GAP & Organic)
• Send out Weekly Invoices
• Send out Packing Slips
• Help Coordinate Farm Orders
• Write Farm Newsletter
• Incredibly organized, attentive to detail, with the ability to work independently, multi-task and be a team player
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Enough agricultural background to write farm newsletter for both St. Luke’s staff and Sodexo staff
• Ability to communicate effectively in a professional manner
• Individuals must be committed to the farm’s success, and in turn, the farm will be committed to the individual’s success
Schedule: 20-24 hours/week Monday through Friday starting 5/8 and ending 11/17.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Elaine Macbeth, Director of Finance and HR, at Elaine.Macbeth@RodaleInstitute.org.
Deadline: March 1, 2017. If you miss the deadline, please contact Lynn Trizna, Project Manager at Lynn.Trizna@RodaleInstitute.org.
About Rodale Institute: Rodale Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to pioneering organic farming through research and outreach. For seventy years, the Institute has been researching the best practices of organic agriculture and sharing findings with farmers and scientists throughout the world, advocating for policies that support farmers, and educating consumers about how going organic is the healthiest option for people and the planet.
To learn more about additional internship opportunities at Rodale Institute, please visit rodaleinstitute.org/dig-deeper/work-with-us/.