The Rodale Institute Research Technician will be exposed to a variety of applied research programs and practical experience in regenerative agriculture, soil research principles and methodology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
• Perform and assist Interim Research Director with lab and field research experiments within the context of research grants, including the following:
o Site experimental design layout
o Planting, harvesting and evaluation of harvest
o Weeding and managing experimental site
o Application of treatments
o Collection of data and samples
o Processing soil, water and plant samples
o Conducting lab experiments per provided protocols and procedures
o Organizing and processing all samples in a timely manner and sending out for analysis
o Searching websites and laboratories for supplies, analyses protocols, published data, purchases, pricing, and availability
o Entering, filing, and summarizing lab and field results
• Assist Interim Research Director with data preparation for papers and other presentation
• Maintain lab supplies and facility for assigned research projects
• Teach and supervise interns when asked by Interim Research Director
• Take inventory of lab and field supplies for research and demonstration projects
• Assist Interim Research Director in preparing for workshops, field days and teaching classes
• Report on all activities to Interim Research Director
• Enthusiastic, team player, punctual, trustful, and ability to work closely with research staff and other Strategic Solutions Team members
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with cultural diversity
• Flexible to work after hours, and weekends when needed to accomplish projects task
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• A BSc. in Environmental Studies/Sciences, Biology, Ecology, Microbiology, Soil or Agricultural Science
• A minimum of two years hands-on experience in assisting/setting up research plots, soil and plant processing, weather data collection, preparing graphs, tables and power point
Travel for this position involves trips to farms that are part of on-farm trials.
Other Rodale Institute Expectations:
To be trustful and respectful to all staff and visitors.
Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Linda Carlson at email@example.com.