OFA Organization Membership
OFA Membership Criteria, Responsibilities, and Financial Contribution
Organization Membership Criteria
An organization seeking membership with the Organic Farmers Alliance (OFA) must meet the following criteria:
• Be a local, state, regional or national organization that provides support to organic farmers; or
• Be active in and committed to support certified organic food, farming and farmers; and
• Endorse the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of OFA; and
• Promote OFA membership; and
• Pay OFA membership dues; and
• Complete OFA organization member application; and
• Be accepted by OFA as an Organization Member.
Organization Membership roles & responsibilities:
• Promote and support the OFA mission, vision, guiding principles and values;
• Be active in or have a desire to engage in policy work at the local, state, or national level;
• Participate in collaborative activities to advocate for policies that benefit the success and growth of organic farmers and those that strengthen the capacity of OFA member organizations;
• Promote OFA policy work within their organization;
• Identify one primary point of contact from your organization;
• Facilitate the nomination of the OFA Governing Council.
Organization Members are encouraged to:
• Link to the OFA website from their organization's website;
• Contribute to OFA activities and communications by sharing new ideas, data, best practices and other important and relevant news related to building a stronger organic farmer voice and movement;
• Support certified organic farmers’ participation in OFA leadership and committee work;
• Help facilitate OFA policy development process;
• Activate their own stakeholders as appropriate on relevant OFA issues; and
• Advocate for OFA policy priorities.
Organization Member benefits:
• Tools and training to engage your farmer members in policy- services to support engagement
• Ability to bring forward farmer-generated policy proposals for OFA consideration
• Farmer discussions of state, regional and national policy and regulatory proposals
• Opportunity for seat on the OFA Governing Council
• New Farm magazine subscription
• Access to webinars and discounts to workshops and events
Organization Membership dues³:
1. $250 per Organization Membership; with their farmer members joining OFA at a reduced OFA Farmer or Supporter Membership rate of $75 through the Organization Member.
**Scholarships could be made available if cannot afford for Organization Member or Farmer Members, on a case by case basis.