OFA Organization Membership
Current OFA Organization Members include:
• Michigan Organic Food & Farm Alliance
• Pennsylvania Certified Organic
• Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association
• Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association
• Northeast Organic Dairy Producers Alliance
• California Certified Organic Farmers
• Bread Alone Bakery
• Minnesota Crop Improvement Association
• NOFA Vermont
• Blue River Hybrids Organic Seed
• Organic Seed Alliance
• Iowa Organic Association
• Oregon Tilth
• OneCert, Inc.
• The Cornucopia Institute
• Foundation Organic Seeds LLC
• Community Alliance with Family Farmers
• Northern Plains Sustainable Agriculture
• Wild Farm Alliance
• Hemp Industries Association
• National Hemp Association
• Organic Seed Growers and Trade Association
Organization Membership Criteria
An organization seeking membership with the Organic Farmers Alliance (OFA) must meet the following criteria:
• Be a local, state, regional or national organization that provides support to organic farmers.
• Be active in and committed to support certified organic food, farming and farmers.
• Endorse the mission, vision, values and guiding principles of OFA.
• Promote OFA membership.
• Pay OFA membership dues.
• Complete OFA organization member application.
• Be accepted by OFA as an Organization Member.
Organization Membership roles & responsibilities:
• Promote and support the OFA mission, vision, guiding principles and values.
• Be active in or have a desire to engage in policy work at the local, state, or national level.
• Participate in collaborative activities to advocate for policies that benefit the success and growth of organic farmers and those that strengthen the capacity of OFA member organizations.
• Promote OFA policy work within their organization.
• Identify one primary point of contact from your organization.
• Facilitate the nomination of the OFA Governing Council.
Organization Members are encouraged to:
• Link to the OFA website from their organization's website.
• Contribute to OFA activities and communications by sharing new ideas, data, best practices and other important and relevant news related to building a stronger organic farmer voice and movement.
• Support certified organic farmers’ participation in OFA leadership and committee work.
• Help facilitate OFA policy development process.
• Activate their own stakeholders as appropriate on relevant OFA issues.
• Advocate for OFA policy priorities.
Organization Member benefits:
• Tools and training to engage your farmer members in policy- services to support engagement.
• Ability to bring forward farmer-generated policy proposals for OFA consideration.
• Farmer discussions of state, regional and national policy and regulatory proposals.
• Opportunity for seat on the OFA Governing Council.
• New Farm magazine subscription.
• Access to webinars and discounts to workshops and events.
Organization Membership dues³:
1. $250 per Organization Membership; with their farmer members joining OFA at a reduced OFA Farmer or Supporter Membership rate of $75 through the Organization Member.
**Scholarships could be made available if cannot afford for Organization Member or Farmer Members, on a case by case basis.
³Scholarships could be made available if cannot afford for Organization Member or Farmer Members, on a case by case basis.