Job Description: The Landscape Laborer will work seasonal part-time hours assisting with landscaping duties. The Landscape Laborer will report directly to the Farm Director and will work together with other team members to be sure all tasks, projects and maintenance needs are handled in a timely, professional, and efficient manner.
Location: Rodale Institute Experimental Farm, 611 Siegfriedale Road, Kutztown, PA 19530
• Work independently as well as in a team to accomplish projects, tasks and issues.
• Able to operate mower, string trimmer, blower, and other landscape equipment.
• Able to work efficiently doing all basic yard maintenance.
• Safely operate the following equipment:
• Mowers – push and riding
• Backpack blowers
• Edger, string trimmer, and hedge trimmer
• Hand tools such as shovels and rakes.
• Additional farm duties as needed.
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to handle and lift 50 pounds.
• Ability to bend and stoop on a continual basis.
• Ability to work around bees, poison ivy, pollen, thorns, and other environmental risks.
• Must be honest, professional, and be willing to take ownership of the work.
• Must be trustful and respectful to all staff and visitors.
• Some experience with landscaping is preferred.
• High School and College students are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Please email resume to Elaine Macbeth, Director of Finance and Human Resources, at email@example.com or apply in person at Rodale Institute, 611 Siefriedale Road, Kutztown, PA 19530.
About Rodale Institute: Rodale Institute is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to pioneering organic farming through research and outreach. For seventy years, the Institute has been researching the best practices of organic agriculture and sharing findings with farmers and scientists throughout the world, advocating for policies that support farmers, and educating consumers about how going organic is the healthiest option for people and the planet.
To learn more about additional opportunities at Rodale Institute, please visit rodaleinstitute.org/dig-deeper/work-with-us/.