Backyard Organic Apple Orchards


Rodale Institute

Event Description:

According to the USDA's Economic Research Service (ERS) the average American consumes approximately 50.6 pounds of apples per year, but only 37 % or 18.6 pounds are consumed by eating fresh whole apples. The remaining 63% is all processed food as in apple juice, applesauce, and of course apple pie. While store prices for fresh apples are reasonable, nothing can compare to a fresh organic apple from a tree in your backyard. No, we are not saying it is a breeze to grow good organic apples. But we are saying it is possible and we are willing to teach you how to do it. Come prepared to learn and take home a starter package that gives you step-by-step instructions to succeed in growing your own apples.

Pre-registration required.
Instructor: Don Jantzi and Jeff Moyer

We are sorry but registration for this event is now closed.

Please contact us if you would like to know if spaces are still available.