Rodale Institute is looking for three commuting workers to aid in general farm tasks at St. Luke’s Rodale Institute Organic Farm, a new site in Easton, Pennsylvania. The farm will be growing 33 varieties of produce on 5 acres using organic methods and following Good Agricultural Practices in a farm-to-institution model. The project will offer unique and valuable educational and career opportunities.
Start date: April 13th, 2015
End date: October 30th, 2015
Hours: Approximately 24 hours/ week
Pay: $12/ hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- ♦ Greenhouse work
- ♦ Pest & weed management
- ♦ Planting
- ♦ Harvesting
- ♦ Processing & packing vegetables
- ♦ Maintaining plant & soil health
- ♦ Maintaining organic records
- ♦ Deliver orders to St. Luke's campuses
- ♦ Background in Market Gardening or Farming
- ♦ Strong work ethic
- ♦ Ability to lift 50 lbs
- ♦ Must have valid driver's license
- ♦ Willingness to work outside in all weather conditions
Other Institutional Expectations:
♦ To be trustful and respectful to all staff and visitors.
Send resume and cover letter to Linda Carlson at email@example.com.